Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lice advice

A woman came in the other night to purchase her daughter's Ovide prescription in addition to four bottles of a hydrating creme by Sunsilk.

Ovide, by the way, is essentially a nuclear bomb for the head lice community.

As she started to leave, she said as an afterthought, "Your hair looks a bit dry and you seem to have a lot of fly-aways. You should try this [referring to the Sunsilk]; it really helps."

At first, I was offended. How dare head-lice woman comment on the arid desert that is my hair! My head may be conducting enough static electricity to stop the heart of small animals, and it may appear as though small tumbleweeds have taken up residence on my scalp, but... your kid has little bugs living, shitting, fornicating, and laying eggs in her hair! I was not about to take criticisms from her, no matter how constructive they might be!

But I swallowed my pride and thought, 'what the hell.' We had received a shipment of Sunsilk bottles written entirely in Spanish, and, as such, they had been marked 75% off, so I picked one up. I was happy that my five years of studying Spanish came in handy for once--I was able to read the directions on the label.

Well, anonymous-head-lice-eradicating woman, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and I tried it today after my shower.

You may not be able to keep parasites off your kid's head, but you sure know a thing or two about how to moisturize your follicles.

My fly-aways were, indeed, tamed.

So, thanks.

--IISgirl ... at least my hair will look good for my final tomorrow.

No comments: