Saturday, April 5, 2008

Stupid Techs....

Another rant by IISBoy...

A few months ago the pharmacy's power to hire the techs was taken away and given to the general manager of the store, this means that the first day our new tech started we had no idea who she was and what experiences she had...apparently she had none. This is damn ridiculous. This bitch is 35+ years old and has no technical training of any kind in her whole life. She just began taking college classes at the local comm. college and is taking a ridiculously challenging curriculum of karate, keyboarding, and spanish 101. The only thing she's good at standing in front of the cash register and showing off her cigarette smoke stained teeth...and I'm sure if you examine her a little closer (I never did...the stench of her unwashed hair+cigarette smoke keeps me at a 5ft min distance away from her at all times) I am sure you will find some skin damage on her nose from the shit that she snorts. How she managed to pass the piss test prior to being hired..who knows?

So what makes me upset is that every week when I go in to the pharmacy I have to do my work plus pick up on all of her mistakes. She cannot input insurances, she miscounts all the time, and she cannot re-shelve the medications in alphabetical order. Now you may ask, why the fuck doesn't the pharmacist just fire her ass? Well because the damn store manager refuses to open the position for a new tech until later this year. All she does during the day is talk to customers about her crappy life and stands and stares at us while we're scrambling all over the place as where behind at least 15-20min on everything.

Today we received a huge drug order of 4 or 5 boxes and I was trying to organize them by where they go while answering the phone and she is standing on the side reading the Pharmacist's business card...why!?? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING THERE READING THE DAMN ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER OF THE PHARMACY!???


it seemed like she was having difficulty with that too because her face looked extremely tight as she was making out the words of the name of the place where she works... and the digits of the phone number probably made her totally confused.


Unbelievable that one person can do and say so many dumb things in an 8 hour shift....
Also today one of our experienced technician is ~3months pregnant and she gave us the news just this weekend. So today the pharmacist printed up a list of category x drugs to stay away from for her for reference (avodart, proscar, etc.). At the same time the pharmacist asked the stupid tech "you're not pregnant too, right??? hahaha" (obviously he was just joking)

and a simple no would've sufficed.


But from the other end of the pharmacy while inputing a script with the patient in front of me waiting for her insurance card back, I hear "Naw, I'm not pregnant, shit--I haven't had sex in 7 months!"

My eyes along with the patients' widened and I turned and told her, PLEASE...we don't NEED or WANT to know THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

how does she respond?

"I went from having sex 7 days a week to zero!!"

OMG.

Thank god for the patient who was a young woman..she told me in a quiet voice, "please don't let her fill my prescription"



At least I find comfort in the fact that the tech is unhappy and isn't gettin any...


--IISBoy...good luck to all you poor interns that have to deal with even bigger dumbasses than me

No comments: