Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My life is full of these embarassing little moments!

So I don't have a huge update. Basically, tonight at work I dropped the entire top drawer from the narcotics safe while trying to reach the last box of Fentanyl 25mcg patches, spilling Fentanyl patches everywhere. In all the excitement, I ripped the crotch seam in my $70 pants from Express.

Now, as a grad student, I can afford to buy $70 pants, hmm, about once every 3 years. So naturally I swore up a storm. To make matters worse, my lab coat is missing its bottom-most button, making it impossible for me to cover up my lime green underwear so easily. It was all totally visible and highly embarrassing, letmetellyou!

It figures. Pants-ripping-day ends up being the same day as ostentatious-underwear-day. But, hey, I'm sick of white coats and button-down shirts, I gotta express myself somehow. I hid behind the production counter for a while, but eventually decided it would be more prudent to attempt to duct-tape the seam back together. It didn't work that well. Eventually I convinced my pharmacist to let me leave work half an hour early due to my wardrobe malfunction, and also because we finally got our queue under control and I mentioned that I needed to study (oddly enough she believed that).

Oh yeah, and my district manager was there on a visit at the time and saw the entire incident unfold, including my vulgar and lengthy recitation of common, uncommon, and invented swear words.

And did I mention it was crazy busy during the hour of the pants-ripping? I shouldn't have to--it's the day after a holiday, of course things are going to be out of hand.

Now that I've shared these personal and embarrassing details of the night my coworkers won't let me forget, I could rant about pharmacy school. But honestly, you might have to re-name me Apathetic Intern Girl, because I'm going to need some Alprazolam and Omeprazole if I let myself get any more worked up over the many ways my college has managed to screw me over in the few days since classes started. So I'll just do my stomach ulcer a favor, let it slide tonight and keep counting down the days. :)

--IISgirl ... graceless. Entirely graceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 patients saw/heard me fart on one of the pharmacists yesterday, embarrassing but o well.